Examples of duties:
- Monitor and deter crime in assigned school or schools.
- Communicate with staff, parents, and students to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve school safety issues or conflicts.
- Enforce State and Local criminal laws and ordinances.
- Provide positive interactions with students and staff throughout the day.
- Maintain a highly visible presence and perform daily foot and vehicle patrols of the interior and exterior of assigned schools.
- Provide uniformed Law Enforcement security during after school events, educational activities, and sporting events. Some events may take place off campus.
- Retired Peace Officer meeting requirements set forth by KRS 70.292.
- Eligible for employment under the terms set forth by KRS 70.293.
- Current Peace Officer Professional Standards (POPS) Certificate.
- Must not have had your Certificate revoked in Kentucky or any Other State.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- If applicable, receive an honorable or a general discharge under honorable conditions for serving in any branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- Not have a felony conviction or any criminal action pending.
- Not be prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
- Must submit to a thorough background investigation.
- Must submit to an oral interview.
- Take a suitability screener.
- Pass a pre-employment medical examination and drug screening.