Iowa City Hospice is a community-oriented, not-for-profit organization that offers a work life balance culture and includes a professional interdisciplinary team who provide exceptional patient-centered palliative care and grief support services to patients and families regardless of disease, age, background or ability to pay.
Iowa City Hospice has a 30% part time Music Therapy position open. The position is responsible for providing psycho social music therapy support to patients and families; therefore, we are seeking candidates with a exceptional communication skills that provides a nice mixture of attention to detail, a love of new challenges and follow through that assures stability in an ever changing work environment.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
1. Assess music therapy needs of the patient/family.
2. Provide music therapy services to the hospice patients and their families.
3. Consult with interdisciplinary team about patient referrals to assess needs and prioritize intervention.
4. Document all care provided on the patients’ clinical record in accordance with Iowa City Hospice’s documentation requirements.
5. Educate hospice staff and community about the role of the Music therapist and the use of music therapy interventions with hospice patients and families.
6. Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication standards to advance cooperative working relationships with Iowa City Hospice staff, management and care partners.
7. Assist with facilitating support groups upon request.
8. Provide bereavement follow-up to family members when determined appropriate by the interdisciplinary team.
9. Ensure effective use of resources.
10. Serve as an educational source to staff, Care Partners and the community.
11. Ensure implementation of strategic goals
12. Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
13. Participate in Iowa City Hospice’s success by ensuring access to our exceptional care.
14. Support and promote the Iowa City Hospice’s mission to lead in providing exceptional patient-centered end-of-life care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
15. Participate in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in Music Therapy, with experience Master’s degree preferred
Driving: Proof of license and current insurance coverage.