Accounts Payable Manager
New York, NY • Accounting / Finance
Fairstead is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our accounting team. The Accounts Payable Manager provides overall direction and guidance to the Accounts Payable Department and to ensure that the department runs smoothly. The Accounts Payable Manager focuses on optimizing and creating department processes and building lasting relationships with others within and outside of the business.
- Manages routine department activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff and responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government, and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree of Accounting or Finance required.
- Prior Accounts Payable experience, real estate is a plus.
- Seven or more years of accounts payable experience.
- One or more years of leadership experience.
- Yardi experience.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Intercompany transaction processing.
- Working knowledge of Soft and Hard Costs.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Quick learner in accounting software.