Vydia is seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for the creative planning, tactical execution, diligent monitoring, and executive reporting of content release campaigns for labels and artists leveraging the Vydia Platform. In this role, you will report to the VP of Label Services. You will liaise with internal and external creator management teams in order to optimize marketing plans, acquire assets, oversee marketing spend strategically, and maximize ROI.
This role is best for people with a deep understanding of the music industry with a proven track record of creating successful content & marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, creative, marketing expert who is capable of managing multiple projects at one time and reporting to the executive level. In this revenue driven position, you will be responsible for P&L administration and hitting quarterly benchmarks; You will be expected to create and iterate on systems for tracking revenue, performance, and expenses incurred for each project. The position is a hybrid position and will require “going to work” in the office, videoconferencing (camera on) & amp; phone calls.
- Support all Vydia clients with an emphasis on Label Services guiding principles: Optimization, Opportunity, Communication and Expertise
- Secure and organize all elements related to content releases of Pop, Country, Rock, Gospel/Christian, Electronic clients alongside Vydia’s Creator Relations and Client Success teams
- Collaborate with priority clients on creative marketing plans for Pop, Country, Rock, Gospel/Christian, Electronic
- Advise on content in support of clients that need request this service; suggested advice should be designed with clear measurable KPIs; Provide executive reports on those metrics regularly and as requested
- Pitch playlisting for priority clients in Pop, Country, Rock, Gospel/Christian, Electronic
- Contribute to developing marketing plans and project timelines that are visible and accessible to all cross-functional teams, if requested by the client.
- Communicate with labels & their designated teams to make sure opportunities are presented and follow up occurs
- Establish and nurture relationships with key representatives at DSPs in order to successfully secure playlist placements and other relevant DSP opportunities for clients.
- Research, craft, and execute creative and innovative ways to bring new music to the marketplace; Test new channels and partnerships to expand clients’ audience; Identify opportunities for growth
- Monitor real-time progress of creators and label progress. Analyze campaign effectiveness and strategically invest in the verticals that return the highest ROI for the business.
- Follow up on execution and provide weekly updates.
- Manage Marketing budgets, ensuring that all costs are recorded, communicated and properly assigned.
- Report & evaluate status of campaigns & ROI for every priority project.
- Vet, hire, and ensure vendors are paid according to the company’s procurement process.
- Monitor priority projects for milestones and coordinate appropriate assets, awards, and certifications as needed in cooperation with the CR team.
- Maintain regular administrative responsibilities & communication
- Participate & attend all required staff & departmental meetings
- Initiate & maintain proactive communication with clients
- Reconcile playlist pitching with playlists secured - working closely with Associate Label Services team member
- Identify song trends & re-pitch where applicable
- 3-5 years of experience working in a music marketing role at a label or distributor managing media, campaigns, analytics, and partner relationships with a focus on these genres.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record and deep understanding of navigating all aspects of the music industry, developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies.
- Results driven approach on how to tap into the audience demographics and genre specific needs of labels and/or creators.
- Ability to monitor, identify, and capitalize on industry trends with a focus on these genres.
- Deep understanding of digital and traditional marketing verticals in order to create Marketing campaign strategies and hire expert vendors that can execute accordingly.
- Digitally savvy; fluent with social media platforms, data analytics, and client relationship management systems
- Outgoing networker that is skilled at making connections, channeling influence, gaining buy-in, deepening relationships; Has active industry contacts at DSPs, social platforms, publication Editors, Labels, Managers, etc.
- Extremely organized, takes initiative, and has strong time management skills; Able to easily work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results.
- Strong sense of accountability and urgency to deliver on what is communicated; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, direct reports, clients, customers, and the public.
- Experienced at building and scaling teams, creating and iterating on new processes, and creating procedure and training manuals.
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 4x due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid/Remote flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ, and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it including maternity/paternity leave
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, performance analytics, rights management, automated payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing services. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com