Position Title: Receiving Quality Inspector
Salary Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Quality Manager
Schedule: 7am- 3:30pm
Since 1996, Polara has designed and manufactured the most durable, technologically advanced, ADA-compliant and pedestrian-friendly crosswalk devices available. Polara’s top priority is pedestrian safety by producing high quality products. The Receiving Quality Inspector role is vital to the company as they work with several teams to ensure the quality of the manufactured product. The Receiving Inspector performs initial inspection of all incoming parts. This person needs to be detail oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The Receiving Inspector promotes and advances product quality objectives in an ISO9001 environment.
JOB DUTIES: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform product inspections from first article, in-process, final inspection, receipt, and as required in a timely manner.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders and written and verbal instruction to inspect raw materials.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Ensure all customer drawing requirements are met.
- Inspect parts during entire manufacturing process, including incoming parts returning from outsourced processes.
- Coordinate with purchasing to ensure all proper purchase documents are in ERP system for receiving.
- Work in ERP system to review and receive orders.
- Provide proper receiving documentation to accounting for weekly pay runs.
- Be able to lift boxes up to 70lbs.
- If there are issues with the order after receiving inspection, report problem or concerns to manager and appropriate leadership of operations department and complete rejection process.
- Complete annual Inventory counts.
- Establish reliability and initiative to create a higher standard of performance through meeting set deadlines, achieving goals and objectives, and pursuing efficiency.
- Establish high performance standards by meeting deadlines and pursuing efficiency.
- Follow and comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by leadership.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings, material lists and inspection standards
- Ability to learn and correctly apply new skills
- Flexible; able to adapt easily to shifting priorities and adjust to change in a fast-paced manufacturing work environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have professional courage, high integrity, and strong work ethic
- Effectively communicates and understand instructions both verbally and written in the English language and able to train others
- Reliable, dependable, and able to work overtime when required
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction well
- Computer literacy, proficient in the use of Microsoft office and inventory control software
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous shipping and receiving experience
- Experience working in an ISO environment is preferred