The primary responsibilities of the Data Analyst are to: 1) help train and provide technical assistance to users of DESC’s case management systems; 2) establish and implement protocols for ensuring data quality and integrity; 3) analyze and summarize performance trends for DESC’s federal, state, local and private grants, and the performance trends of its subrecipients; and 4) produce monthly and quarterly reports that highlight systemwide and program specific progress. The goal of these activities is to enable the organization and its funded programs to run more effectively and efficiently to achieve operational excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly prepare and maintain reports for management and C Suite analysis that capture system wide, program and contractor performance;
- Monitor performance for federally funded programs. Create queries and reports that help both leadership and partners identify potential issues and areas for improvement;
- Utilize complex systems to analyze data by program and contractor and develop recommendations and/or tools that can be used to correct performance issues related to data entry and management;
- Assist adult and youth program teams to establish Key Performance Indicators that align with contract goals, to enable effective management of contractor performance;
- Identify and recommend data capture and reporting needs;
- Create and monitor reports that identify data quality and integrity trends;
- Promote systemwide data quality by informing program staff of any issues and providing additional training and technical assistance as needed. When necessary, assist with projects to address systemwide data entry challenges;
- Create training materials for DESC’s case management systems;
- Conduct formal trainings and provide technical assistance to contracted service providers on how to use DESC’s case management systems that capture services and outcomes of job seekers and businesses;
- Draw insightful conclusions from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and manage large datasets using Excel or other database and statistical software;
- Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with, staff and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects;
- Organize and facilitate various meetings, as necessary;
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking skills;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Specific qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Considerable knowledge of statistical analysis methods and techniques;
- Robust analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in person, in
- writing and by telephone;
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Must be able to demonstrate project management skills
- to produce quality, timely, and complete work product;
- Ability to always exhibit professionalism;
- Seek growing responsibility and show great capacity for work.
- Ability to work under pressure and reprioritize to meet deadlines; and
- Must be discrete and professional, particularly when handling confidential information.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Local area travel may be required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applied statistics/math, business administration, public policy, education, or another
- related field is preferred although equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be substituted.
- At least two (2) years of related professional experience is required;
- Experience with Salesforce and/or OSMIS or the ability to quickly learn new systems is strongly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.