Assistant Community Manager
Orlando, FL • Property Management
Fairstead has an exciting opportunity at one of our properties, and we are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team! The Assistant Property Manager assists and supports the planning, implementing, and managing the daily operations of the property. They assist in the management of onsite activities and the overall performance of the property. They perform a variety of duties including but not limited to administrative, financial, and resident relations.
- Assists Property Manager to ensure compliance in all aspects of the HUD 4350.3 Handbook.
- Executes intervention strategies for tenants who are non-compliant with lease/compliance requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of the property for REAC reviews, EHS violations cleared, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Reviews, and perform annual and interim recertification reviews.
- Documents lease violations and coordinate evictions.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to questions, complaints, and requests in a timely manner. Taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensures the property’s maintenance team members responds and completes resident service requests.
- Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies
- Provide excellent customer services and display courteous and professional attitude towards all residents and visitors
- Responsible for regularly tracking arrears and following up with tenants per the company policy.
- Oversee the lease renewal program for appropriate retention rate.
- Works within house legal team to track status of rent payments.
- Oversee accounting transactions and ensure all rents are collected, posted, and deposited daily.
- Create purchase orders in Yardi.
- Answer phone calls, messages, and emails promptly; within a few hours but never to exceed 24 hours.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Two (2) years of experience in affordable housing leasing or property management
- Knowledge and experience in the local residential market
- Experience with EIV and Yardi
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great Customer Service skills.
- Able to learn and work with property management applications.
- Quick learner and great attitude.