The Chief Data Strategy Officer is a senior leader within the organization, working in collaboration with Alliance’s other senior leaders and the Board of Directors while overseeing all aspects of Alliance’s data platform. The Chief Data Strategy Officer leads the direction for community-wide data aggregation systems and architecture; has overall responsibility for managing the data team and the planning and deployment of analytics systems; and provides vision, enables innovation, and implements data solutions that create business value for the organization and its partners. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in a complex, diverse system to solve ambiguous problems.
- Consults with all areas of the business as an advisor of data technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness, doing so in a manner that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Oversees development and maintenance of systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communication, software, and interconnection of network information systems.
- Oversees the evolution of our current capability to ingest multiple types of client/patient information to create ETL processes, normalize, augment and provide interpretational analyses, dashboards and reporting internally and externally to Alliance partners.
- Works collaboratively across departments to implement data analytics best practices that foster team productivity and accountability.
- Mentors, coaches and develops a team that provides advanced analytics and data support.
- Actively troubleshoots analytic code with data team (do the work, not just say how it should be done).
- Influences client/patient data collection, technical, and architectural aspects of community-wide technology decisions.
- Ensures and oversees the liaison between external information systems (i.e. government, vendors and other health care organizations) and Alliance’s IT resources, including systems for electronic data exchange.
- Outlines short and long-term technology roadmaps, including data, databases, software platforms (developed and off-the-shelf), and build/buy decision points.
- Fiscally responsible: ensures control and adherence to budgets as well as provides input into long-term budget planning, including people and technology resources.
- Ability to present and perform as a trusted advisor to partners on stage, in the meeting room, and privately.
- Acts as a change agent for organization leaders to promote adoption of new processes and technologies, achievement and sustainment of expected benefits, and is comfortable in moving the organization out of its comfort zone to achieve excellence.
- Serves as chair of Information Technology Committee.
- Performs other duties as needed to support business goals and objectives.
Education/Professional Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area; Master’s Degree preferred. (Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements).
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of progressive data analytics, governance, administration, design, strategy, and business intelligence experience in roles of increasing complexity.
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience with strategic focus and strong relationship management skills.
- Proven experience collaborating with senior stakeholders, establishing and implementing transformational change within a growing environment.
- Experience leading modernization projects in health care or community settings.
- Extensive experience leading large, complex technology projects to solve business problems, including strategic and tactical planning, implementation, analysis, design, and execution.
- Experience with database technology across spectrums, cloud services, software development platforms, and project management.
- Executive level experience in balancing aspirations and capabilities.
- Preferred consulting experience across industries.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proactive problem solver with ability to take initiative and execute resourceful solutions to address organizational needs.
- Requires dynamic leadership ability that can develop and energize cross-functional multidiscipline, high-performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs, as well as demonstrated ability to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
- Must collaborate with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic business goals in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values.
- Ability to work under pressure, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient- maintaining a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Hands-on, complex project management experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities.
- Working balance of detail-oriented, tactical, and strategic thinking.
- An executive level communicator (written and oral) with the ability to compose and critique business communications/collateral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds within a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, enrichment, and growth.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. The position is required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to Alliance’s sanctioning policy, which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.