WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR A NUTRITION MANAGER TO JOIN THE TEAM!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Registered Dietitian/Nutrition Department Manager provides outpatient services as a Registered Dietician and provides oversight, direction and support to the nutrition department.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME. A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Core Responsibilities of Nutrition Manager / Dietician:
1. Function as an outpatient Registered Dietitian to a diverse patient population, providing evidence-based, individualized nutrition counseling based on medical condition, age and cultural background
2. Directly supervise Nutrition Department staff, working with HR to recruit, screen, hire, orient, train, direct and monitor work, provide ongoing performance feedback and formal performance evaluations, implement corrective actions and make employment termination decisions
3. Evaluate Nutrition Department processes and develop and implement improvement initiatives
4. Develop, implement and educate staff on departmental policies, procedures, workflows, guidelines, and competencies
5. Maintain communication with community partners to foster ongoing collaboration
6. Participate in committees, advocacy and outreach efforts, encouraging staff to participate as well
7. Collaborate with providers and other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions in order to provide optimal patient care
8. Collaborate with social service case managers and other staff members to address patient needs in relation to their diet and nutrition goals
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or comparable major
2. A minimum of three years of work experience in an ambulatory healthcare environment
3. Current license as a Registered Dietitian in the State of Delaware
4. Ability to function efficiently and independently, planning and prioritizing daily work activities to meet departmental goals and objectives
5. Ability to travel between worksites as needed