North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation (Advanced Energy) is a nonprofit energy consulting firm headquartered on NC State University’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh, NC. We strive to ensure that energy is clean, affordable, reliable, efficient, and safe for all people. We work with electric utilities; state, federal and local governments; manufacturers and a variety of public and private partners in five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, renewables and electric transportation.
At Advanced Energy, we know that our organization thrives only when our employees are valued and supported. You will be aided in your career goals and be put in a position to excel. You’ll work on teams that promote idea sharing and challenge you to learn and expand your expertise. You’ll also be encouraged to seek work-life balance, with flexible hybrid schedules and an array of leave options so you can spend time with family and pursue personal interests.
We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our staff is the most valuable resource we have, and we appreciate that our employees come from varied backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. By providing a supportive and respectful environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, Advanced Energy makes a lasting, positive difference in all of the work we do.
Benefits – Visit our website for more information and a full list of employee benefits – www.advancedenergy.org.
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within time and funding parameters. Establish, track, and adhere to tasks, timelines, and budgets. Coordinate project logistics and resources. Research, summarize and write project reports. At Level III, the Project Manager is expected to independently manage larger and more complex projects and may serve as a lead and/or mentor to other staff; individual possesses subject matter expertise in assigned business area. Energy industry experience a plus (e.g., solar, electric transportation, energy efficiency, residential and/or commercial building systems, etc.).
- Develop and refine scope of work considering the client’s needs, budget, and other resources.
- Develop and implement project plans, including strategies, milestones, and tasks.
- Design and facilitate project meetings and record minutes and action plans.
- Coordinate project logistics including meetings, conference calls, presentations, workshops, client visits, travel, and events associated with assigned projects.
- Work with internal team and customer to define and update AE’s role on projects.
- Establish, document, track, and adhere to project timelines, budgets, and tasks.
- Utilize applicable software applications to perform project management and scheduling tasks, and research issues with team members to resolve problems.
- Prepare project budgets, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions.
- Develop technical tools and processes to more effectively complete tasks.
- Provide timely reports to funding sources, team, management, and others internally or externally.
- Assemble and manage the necessary workforce to complete assigned activities.
- Manage and coordinate contracts and scopes of work for subcontractors and other external contacts.
- Analyze and create budget summaries and financial scenarios to improve project tracking and performance.
- Continuously search and strive for process improvement strategies.
- Coordinate and lead collaborative stakeholder initiatives, including development of work plans, effectively engaging volunteer stakeholders, meeting facilitation, and coordinating meetings and events.
Develop Technical Expertise
- Create knowledge through research. Target topics that support team’s goals and strategy.
- Research and summarize programs and create final reports.
- Incorporate study findings into AE trainings.
- Present and explain reports and findings to clients and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain own technical and professional knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop publishable summary articles and conference papers from research findings.
- Provide technical and project management mentoring for junior staff.
- Serve as technical lead, as requested.
- Develop and maintain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinate with project partners to define roles and responsibilities.
- Assist assigned team with identifying and securing additional projects.
- Work closely with business development and marketing to execute strategies to gain new work.
- Create and deliver proposals/contract agreements including scopes of work, budgets, and timelines.
- Document lessons learned from previous projects in order to inform business development for future projects.
- Seek opportunities for new work with existing clients.
- Develop strategies to target new work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant field and 4-6 years of previous experience in managing projects is required. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
- PMP Certification is desired; the ability to become certified is required.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products are required; experience using project management software applications is preferred.
- Project planning, time management, communication, writing, and research skills are required. Ability to problem solve, analyze and interpret data. Ability to work in teams as well as independently. Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a commitment to providing exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of relevant industries is a plus; power utility programs including residential, commercial and industrial, and electric transportation.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency or renewable energy is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
This job requires the individual to work indoors in a normal office environment. The duties and responsibilities of this position may include the ability to remain in a stationary position for most of the time. The individual will operate the computer, printer, and other office equipment to perform the job and may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access files and other office machinery. The individual will spend a great deal amount of time in front of a computer screen and will frequently interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in an appropriate manner. The job may require occasional lifting or moving of boxes or objects weighing up to 25 lbs. In this role, the person will hold a valid NC driver’s license and travel 15-20% of the time. The individual may frequently create documents or other organizational collateral and serve as the liaison between the organization and its customers/clients.
This is a hybrid, exempt full-time position. There may be occasions where the hours of work may vary, be irregular, and be reasonably required to meet the goals of the organization. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. It is not an implied contract of employment.
To apply click HERE or copy and paste address into browser - https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1640066/North-Carolina-Advanced-Energy-Corporation/Project-Manager-III. Cover letter and resume preferred.
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provide fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all other protected statuses under federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions are based on job-related requirements.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verification or approval for a medical or religious accommodation is required after an offer is accepted and no later than 1st day of employment. Employees must pass a background check and substance abuse test.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.