Abuse Prevention Auditor
The Office of Protection and Care (OPC) is currently seeking a part time Abuse Prevention Auditor working about 20 hours per week. This position is responsible for creating and implementing the parish and school safe environment-auditing program (Virtus) for the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. This position will develop auditing guidelines and procedures to ensure Archdiocesan parishes and schools comply with abuse prevention requirements. A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Services, Business, Psychology or combination of education and relevant work experience is required. Training or education in sexual abuse prevention is also preferred.
- Develops auditing guidelines and procedures to ensure Archdiocesan parishes and schools are in compliance with abuse prevention requirements and best practices.
- Operates as a liaison between the Archdiocesan entities and the Office for Protection and Care in the shared ministry of abuse prevention and response.
- Develops and implements a secure documentation system to report audit findings.
- Creates relationships with front-line workers to educate compliance and best practices.
- Conducts all activities operating under the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese and the Handbook of the Office for Protection and Care.
- Responsible for maintaining timely documentation of all safe environment audits using the Archdiocese platform and software.
- Works collaboratively with the OPC team to support the mission of the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor's degree in education, social services, business or psychology or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Training or education in sexual abuse prevention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, organizational skills, including the ability to gather and share information.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, religious affiliations, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to use and/or learn existing and new technology including: cellphone; copiers; office equipment; personal computer and word processing; and, database software, to maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Spanish-speaking/bilingual considered a plus.