Pilatus is hiring an Aircraft Structures Technician to join our completions team in Broomfield, CO. In this position, you will perform fabrication and mechanical installation of complex avionics structures in addition to installation of avionics options and modifications. A successful person in this role will possess above average attention to detail with a strong commitment to consistency and efficiency. Take your career to the next level by joining Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs various sheet metal and structural assemblies and sub-assemblies utilizing engineering documents
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, technical manuals, and structure repair manuals
- Identifies aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders
- Completes work order entries in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures structural installation drawings and other technical information used is up-to-date
- Adheres to FAA, FOCA, safety, and company procedures and notify appropriate personnel of any deviations noticed
- Inspects incoming aircraft parts and materials and prepare associated reports
- Maintains the work area and hangar in a clean and orderly manner
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime as required
- Responds to other projects, tasks, and additional responsibilities as assigned by lead or manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe License plus 2 years directly related experience or 5 or more years equivalent experience working with PC-12 and PC-24 or similar aircraft
- Experience in painting and corrosion control of aluminum parts
- Mathematical skills and ability to read and interpret detailed and complex technical manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and work in restricted spaces
- Proficiency in general computer use including MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $22.72 - $31.80 per hour depending on experience
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NGX and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.