Eager to influence the world’s leading brands, while working (and playing) with a team of smart, passionate people? Help us reach millions around the world with the Duarte Method™ and make a positive impact on the way the world communicates.
We have a unique opportunity to connect our experts in visual stories, presentations and the spoken word, with leaders globally to move their people in moments that matter, from the epic to the everyday. The Senior Director of Marketing will lead Duarte’s marketing strategies and programs for all products and services in our creative agency and training academy. It’s a pivotal time for Duarte as we grow with innovative services and products, creating a dynamic and fast-paced trajectory of new opportunities in the coming months and years.
Reporting to Nancy Duarte, thought leader and CEO, you will engage with teams across the organization and with our Executive leaders, to define and execute strategic marketing goals and realize ambitious KPIs. Are you someone who can dream up bold, innovative ideas and then roll up your sleeves and make them happen? If so, we'd love to have you join our team.
How will I make a difference in this position?
· Demand Generation: Lead comprehensive demand generation strategies for new logo acquisition and cross-selling to existing customers across all Duarte inbound, outbound, and event channels. Conduct rigorous analysis of campaign experiments to identify and optimize cost-effective lead generation opportunities.
· Content Marketing: Drive the development and execution of a strategic content marketing plan that positions Duarte as a thought leader and generates high-quality leads. Collaborate with the CEO and internal SMEs to develop compelling and sustainable campaigns that attract and convert prospects, and align top-of-funnel (TOF) activities with middle-of-funnel (MOF) activities.
· Digital Marketing: Oversee and enhance SEO and SEM strategies that maximize the impact of Duarte's high-quality content, ecosystem partnerships, and relevant channels. Foster cross-functional alignment across the organization to enhance digital marketing performance.
· Brand Marketing: Manage a brand marketing strategy that positions Duarte as a leading authority in communication design and builds a strong community of brand evangelists. Create and maintain brand guidelines, messaging, image and asset libraries, and ensure all communications are consistent with Duarte's brand values.
· Marketing Strategy & Management: Define and execute marketing strategies that align with business objectives and drive revenue growth. Oversee the planning and execution of go-to-market programs, pricing strategies, and marketing campaigns.
· Research & Analysis: Conduct rigorous research and analysis on audience segmentation, personas, journey mapping, market research, competitor analysis, pricing, product and service strategies, channel management, and integration. Use insights to inform marketing strategies and optimize campaign performance.
· Marketing Performance: Establish and maintain rigorous metrics and reporting systems that track and analyze marketing campaign performance, including website performance, MQLs, meetings, SQLs, and sales velocity. Regularly report performance to stakeholders and use insights to optimize marketing strategies.
· Marketing Leadership: Collaborate effectively across functions, including sales, creative, and product, to ensure alignment and optimize performance. Manage the Duarte marketing team responsible for content creation, social media, email marketing, and other marketing channels. Vet and manage Duarte marketing agencies and contractors to ensure high-quality, cost-effective marketing support.
What will I need to thrive in this role?
· Proven experience in senior consulting, marketing, advertising, or entrepreneurship roles
· Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in marketing, business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Extensive SEO and SEM experience.
· Strong strategic thinking skills, with demonstrable success analyzing market trends, identifying opportunities and building a responsive strategy.
· Experience with ecommerce and marketing automation/ECRM platforms such as HubSpot and Salesforce is required.
· Exemplary communication skills and stakeholder management skills, influencing at the C-suite level.
· Excellent financial acumen and a data-driven approach to strategy and execution
· Passionate about empowering and developing inclusive teams, leading with empathy as an effective change agent.
What is the team like?
You’ll work directly with our thought-leader and CEO, Nancy Duarte and our team of Executive leaders. With a small but powerful marketing team reporting to you, each responsible for different marketing programs, your role connects daily with stakeholders in our Product, Sales and Customer Success areas.
Sounds great! What’s the company culture?
At Duarte, empathy shapes every interaction. We practice what we teach, in a fun, flexible, creative, and performance-driven environment where people feel a sense of purpose and belonging.
Duarte is a remote-first company, with employees in more than 20 states across the United States. We are a team of creatives, strategists, writers, coaches, teachers, and doers that believe every individual has the power to change the world. We do our best to help individuals and organizations connect and communicate effectively with audiences they serve. The stories we tell combined with the unique stories of our clients, move people to action and create bonds that last a lifetime.
What’s the hiring process?
At Duarte, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know that starts with fair hiring practices and seeking a variety of perspectives and experiences. As we learn more about each other, you can expect:
1. An initial phone interview with Duarte’s talent acquisition team – they’ll stick with you throughout the subsequent stages to support you in the process
2. A video interview and competency assessment with the hiring manager and Executive Leader
3. A video interview exploring your behavioral strengths, using a DISC profile with our EVP of HR.
4. A video interview with Nancy Duarte, CEO and direct manager for this role
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs in a timely manner, consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
Duarte provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why should I work at Duarte?
In joining Duarte you become part of a community where we provide a collaborative, challenging, supportive and fun place to thrive and deliver meaningful work at your very best.
We ensure you're well-supported to achieve this, with a tailored package of benefits for our fully-remote Duartians, including ergonomic consultation and home-office stipends. Our health and wellness benefits are world-class, supporting the whole family with competitive medical, vision, dental and counseling coverage, plus generous PTO.
We support financial wellbeing with a 401K program after 3 months of employment and financial advisement coaching. We commit to your personal and professional development with extensive learning programs in-house and through our external training support program.
National Average Pay Range for this exempt-classified role: $130,000 -160,000 annual salary.
National Average Ranges are developed in accordance with the scope and level of the role and comparison to similar sized organizations. Ranges represent the minimum and maximum target for the role. Individual compensation is determined by a variety of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or certifications, and in consideration of a total compensation package including elements such as benefits, bonus, and commission where applicable. Salary Ranges will vary based on geography, cost of living and market factors.