At Vydia, our mission is to empower music businesses and entrepreneurs that support artists with our robust suite of services (including monetization, distribution, and analytics) powered by our cutting-edge technology. We are proud partners with music industry leaders such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, TikTok and more, to deliver our clients’ content onto their platforms with ease, priority, and reliability.
The Impact You Will Make
Vydia is seeking an experienced Product Manager who has a reputation for delivering innovative, high quality products to join our team. Our next Product Manager will have the opportunity to work with both internal and external stakeholders to identify needs and add value across our core product offerings, including partner integrations, internal operations tools, and user-facing features.
In addition to internal stakeholders, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with our music distribution partners (Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) and help keep those relationships strong by integrating new features and keeping our platform in compliance with their evolving requirements. You will also interface with clients to understand their needs and translate them into software solutions.
You will be joining a small but growing team, and will have the opportunity to directly impact and influence various high impact initiatives for the company. You will work alongside fellow product managers, engineers, and designers to deliver amazing features and products to both our internal stakeholders and external clients.
This position requires an intricately-organized, self-motivated expert to support cross-team functionality with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need impeccable communication skills as you will be working with many sectors of the business. The position is dynamic and requires flexibility as much as it requires discipline and attention to detail.
This full time hybrid position reports to the Director of Product Management and will require the employee to come to our Holmdel, NJ office several times each month (minimally 2-3x’s per month).
What You Will Do:
- Understand Vydia’s strategic and competitive position in order to leverage stakeholder insights, market analysis, and business objectives when establishing market need
- Analyze and anticipate customers' needs through both user data and direct communication.
- Lead teams of developers, data engineers, and designers to translate business opportunities into software solutions and deliver amazing products to our clients and internal teams
- Work with the PM team to prioritize the Product backlog and inform the roadmap based on feedback from Stakeholders, customers, and up-to-date analysis of market conditions to align with business goals.
- Take ownership of the product backlog, fielding feature requests, writing user stories, sourcing wireframes/prototypes, and defining acceptance criteria.
- Verify User Acceptance Testing to ensure functionality requested is delivered as expected
- Communicate with customer facing teams on updates and help create a process for Beta testing and delivering features to users.
- Liaise with marketing to determine effective go-to-market strategies for product launches both internally and externally
- Analyze data in order to set benchmarks and measure the success of features.
- Attend cross-functional sprint meetings with the product organization including Daily PM Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Maximize the value and efficiency of the product team, operating in an agile environment
What We Are Looking For:
- A growth-minded team player who is focused on outcomes
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of agile software development
- Understanding of Product or Project management software (Jira, Productboard)
- Experience working with data analytics
- 1-3+ years software product management, product design, or IT project management experience (preferably in the video, media, or music space)
- 1-3+ years experience managing user interfaces, wireframes, and mockups
Nice to Haves:
- Exceptional understanding and passion for the Music/Entertainment industry
- General understanding of video & audio monetization and IP-protection technology
- Experience working with database architecture, financial products, or internal admin products
- Experience working with music distribution service providers
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 4x due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- 2022 winner of the NJBIZ Business Of The Year award (51-100 employees)
- We are proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid/Remote flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ, and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it including maternity/paternity leave
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Vydia:Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, analytics, rights management, payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com.