Come Smile with Us!
At Delta Dental of Iowa, Customer Service Representatives directly deliver the exceptional quality service we have been known for in our industry. If you have a background in customer service, a passion for service excellence, and a strong ability to multi task, this is the position for you! In this role, you will work in a casual environment and handle customer inquiries for members and providers via the telephone and internet/web services as well as process suspended claims. You will use a robust computerized claims system to process claims and document phone calls, while maintaining quality service by following policies and procedures. You will contribute towards company objectives and results by focusing on a strong team environment. We are hiring for our 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM shift.
Why Delta Dental of Iowa?
For your smile. For your health. For your community.
At Delta Dental of Iowa, we’re more than just a dental and vision insurance company. Improving health and wellness is at the center of everything we do. As a not-for-profit, we aim to build stronger communities by investing in actions that promote and improve health. Delta Dental of Iowa invests 40% of our dollars directly back into the communities we serve.
Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Together, we can make a difference – not only in Iowa but across the country.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide courteous assistance to customer inquiries by phone, email/letter or in person for one line of business: Commercial or Government Programs.
- Process entry level suspended claims and adjustments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain team working relationships with customers, co-workers and other resources as needed.
- Recommend improvements in workflow and processing.
- Complete special projects on time with high quality.
- Represent Delta Dental of Iowa as well as the other Delta Dental companies in a professional manner both internally and externally.
- Assists other areas of Delta Dental to meet corporate goals.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or three to five years of combined experience in customer service, an insurance company or a dental office.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone, written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Advanced PC skills including the ability to troubleshoot common problems and navigate the internet/web services. Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze information and make independent decisions in accordance with Delta Dental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to achieve assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and function effectively with multiple tasks/assignments.
- Ability to meet with customers and respond to their questions and concerns in a professional manner.
- Basic math ability.
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.