Brooklyn, NY • Property Management
The Recertification Specialist reviews all resident files within the portfolio and applies knowledge of regulatory requirements for properties to ensure compliance standards are met. This position serves as the primary point of contact for overseeing compliance, responding to HUD concerns, and providing outreach to the property.
- Process initial, annual, and interim recertification’s and calculate retroactive rent while conforming to HUD regulations and HPD guidelines.
- Calculate rents for annual and interim recertification.
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent adjustments.
- Review applicant files and determine Section 8 eligibility.
- Follow LIHTC and Section 8 guidelines.
- Notify residents of upcoming recertifications.
- Schedule initial interviews for recertifications.
- Prepare third party verification forms.
- Maintaining residents’ files and paperwork.
- Review tenant ledgers for arrears.
- Investigate and correct income discrepancies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Four (4) years recertification specialist experience.
- Knowledge of Section 8, LIHTC and HUD.
- Experience with EIV reports.
- Knowledge of HUD/Public Housing/Tax Credit policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Notary Public is preferred.
- COS certification.
- Experience with MOR.
- Yardi experience.
- People skills and superior communication skills.
- Experience investigating and correcting income discrepancies.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.