Job Title: Advancement Specialist
Job Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Business Operations
Location: Virginia, MN
Benefits: Including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Life, 401k, PTO
The Advancement Specialist is a liaison between the agency and its donors. The Advancement Specialist in responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals/reports that support agency goals and meet the funder guidelines and criteria.
- Seek, establish, and maintain highly effective relationships with individuals and organizations who provide funding, including grantors and donors.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of private, local, state, and federal grant funding opportunities, communicating with key internal stakeholders when opportunities align with organizational strategy.
- Perform grant writing functions in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, making sure that applications focus on the conditions, restrictions, and goals of the sponsoring organization.
- Play key role in capital fundraising campaigns, including establishing plan and timeline for securing donations and grants to support the strategic goals of each campaign.
- Plan and facilitate fundraising events.
- Represent and uphold the positive reputation, mission, vision, and values of Range Mental Health Center in all interactions both internal and external.
- Maintain accurate records of all advancement efforts, ensuring full compliance with all pertinent regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project and event management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in grant applications and administration required.
- Experience with fundraising in non-profit organizations preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Adequate level of vision to use computer terminal, monitor, and keyboard.
- Sufficient hearing to accurately record and respond to information received verbally via phone, in person, and in a group setting.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Must be 18 years of age.