Provide excellent customer service and accurate cash handling. Assist in placement of new arrivals and pulls. Merchandising displays and keeping the store neat, clean, and orderly is a daily duty. Receive and disburse money as needed using Point-of-Sale equipment recording all transactions correctly and accurately. Involves use of electronic scanners, cash register and related equipment. Involves processing credit / debit card transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers entering and leaving the store and while shopping throughout the store. Answers customers' questions, and provide information when asked. Listens to customer's questions and concerns and politely refers them to management when necessary.
- Counts money in the cash drawers at the beginning of the shifts to ensure amounts are correct and there is adequate change.
- Accurately ring up customer's purchases, receive payment of cash, credit, debit, gift card, gift certificate or vouchers. Issue customer receipts and change when applicable.
- Bag and/or wrap customer purchases. Maintain a clean and orderly cash wrap.
- Follow Daily Assignment Log issued by management or Lead Volunteer.
- Clean shelves, counters or tables as either directed or as deemed necessary. May assist in mopping and vacuuming as needed.
- Place new arrivals on displays and appropriate areas on the floor.
- Create new merchandise displays as needed in line with the Rock Retail merchandise strategy.
- Follow all safety procedures and Rock Retail Policies and Procedures.
- The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Retail Team Leader.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes assignments, and provides excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock's Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock's policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance).
- This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a "reasonable accommodation", if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Employment at the Rock Church and Academy is “At-Will,” meaning either the Rock or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at anytime, for any reason, with or without advance notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.