Skorpios Technologies, Inc., an innovator in composite silicon photonic technology and semiconductor development, is rapidly expanding. We are in search of a hard-working and motivated IT Administrator to add to our growing IT Team.
Skorpios’ maintains a lean IT team. The Lead IT Administrator position effectively plans and implements work for configuring, deploying, maintaining and reporting on networking equipment, servers, storage, backups, and endpoints across three sites. The Lead is expected to plan configuration changes for production to minimize operations impact. The lead is responsible for maintaining endpoints at all locations, including but not limited to: creating user accounts on multiple platforms, deploying and upgrading endpoint hardware, installing and upgrading endpoint software, and troubleshooting issues. This position directly supports approximately 250 staff across four locations. Performs capacity analyses by specific work center and makes capital equipment recommendations. Provides other support to production and management as required. This person is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the local area network hardware, as well as for e-mail and firewall administration. This position works with the Director of Business Operations on the implementation of new technologies. He or she also plays a role in coordinating field installations and upgrade initiatives.
- Execute key components of the company’s strategic plan, as conveyed by the VP of Operations and the Sr. Director of Business Operations.
- Provides consistent after hours support and a means of escalation when information systems fail or technical emergencies occur. Keep the Director of Business Operations apprised of interruptions to production.
- Consults with management and other personnel regarding needs for data, computers, and communications, personnel requirements, processing schedules, and regulatory and legal responsibilities.
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously to prioritize work and resolve technical emergencies as they may occur.
- Confer with system stakeholder to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for current and future business needs.
- Use cost and complexity factors such as equipment capacity, reporting expectations, transactions volume, time requirements, cost constraints, and security as part of preparing efficient, effective hardware or software recommendations.
- Maintain network system.
- Train users as needed.
- Manage the implementation of recovery plans in the event of a disaster or emergency that interrupts normal operations.
- Configure, deploy and maintain corporate endpoint software and devices from Windows-based machines and MacBooks to mobile devices & telephones.
- Process trouble tickets as they arrive. The Lead IT Administrator is expected to troubleshoot and resolve issues and to ultimately propose changes when trends are observed.
- Configure, deploy, maintain and monitor software and server hardware (approximately 60 servers: HP C7000, VMWare, standalone servers)
- Configure, deploy, maintain and monitor Cisco and Meraki network equipment (approximately 20 IDF switches, 18 WAPs, 15 MDF devices)
- Configure, deploy, maintain and monitor HP Server and NetApp storage
- Configure, deploy, maintain and monitor backups
- Configure, deploy, maintain and monitor Active Directory
- Ensure security and continuity through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Configure and maintain user/service accounts, and endpoints as needed
- Maintain Helpdesk and Interruptions to Production metrics.
- Create Unscheduled Interruption to Production Port-Mortem action reports.
- CCNA Security
- VCP DCV
- MCSE Windows Server 2012
- Be able to wear a full smock/bunny suit and work in a clean room
- Linux/Unix (HP-UX, Solaris, Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS)
Other Desirable Skills and Experience:
- MCSA or SQL Server MCSE SQL Server
- Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, and any older Windows or DOS-based OS
- DNS and MX Record Management Experience
- Active Directory
- MCSA Office 365
- CompTIA A+
- Significant Equivalent Experience may be substituted for certifications
- Substantive additional Operating Systems experience (MacOS, DOS, Windows XP, Linux) is beneficial
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills
- Efficient Communication Skills are key to this position’s success
- This position has direct supervisory responsibility for three desktop support technicians.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.