We are looking for a compassionate, flexible, detail-oriented person to supervise the first line of help to youth and adults experiencing a crisis situation or severe emotional distress. You will serve as an essential member of the team of people staffing 2-1-1's 24/7 crisis call center who together also field calls referred through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You will provide support, leadership, and mentorship to the talented, dedicated team of individuals responding to calls.
Get hired and get $1,500!*
- $500 in the payroll following 30 days on the job
- $1,000 in the payroll following 90 days on the job
*Applies to new hires joining United Way of CT only
What you will do
- You will provide support and supervision to staff, debriefing with crisis call team members after calls, chats, and texts and offering training and mentorship to employees.
- You will ensure the quality of the team's work by monitoring calls, reviewing documentation, and offering feedback to team members.
- You will fill in when needed on calls, pitching in when team members are absent.
Why you should work here
- Competitive pay plus a terrific suite of benefits
- An environment where you will constantly be learning, including professional development and opportunities for growth within United Way
- The opportunity to be part of a team of individuals passionate about raising the quality of crisis care in our communities
Tuesday through Saturday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Training takes place Monday – Friday, 8a – 4:30p regardless of work shift, for approximately 8 weeks.
The Pay & Benefits: $29.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential
Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking applicants who pass certification and are hired will get an additional $.75 per hour (or an additional $1.50 per hour for both languages) after 90 days on the job
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year or special pay for worked holidays
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year
- Employment at UWC counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
- Supportive, culturally diverse, and inclusive company culture.
- Comprehensive training of 8 weeks*
- And more!
*Training takes place Monday – Friday, 8a – 4:30p regardless of work shift. After job training, position will be hybrid (in office and remote).
After job training, position will be hybrid (in office and remote).
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling.
- You have strong experience in human services including a minimum of one year in a supervisory or leadership role within a behavioral health setting.
- You are a strong multi-tasker who can support staff in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable learning and using new technologies.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 16, 2023
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.