Avesta Housing is looking for an experienced Senior Property Manager to work closely with site management staff by providing excellent customer service and quality living environment to all residents, establishing positive and productive working relationships, and adhering to the agency’s mission statement and core values.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The Senior Property manager will be an individual who thrives in a leadership role and can promote a positive team environment. We are seeking someone engaged and passionate about affordable housing and who can support the advocacy within Avesta's mission. This role is fast-faced and never boring; it will require an individual who is focused, organized, and who has experience working with a diverse population.
While working to ensure excellent internal and external customer service and providing a quality living environment to all residents, the Senior Property Manager will establish a positive and productive working relationship with all departments, adhere to the agency’s Mission Statement and Core Values, and ensure the portfolio is in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
This position requires travel throughout Southern Maine and New Hampshire and has flexibility around working remotely and on-site.
- Experience in managing multi-family housing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent interviewing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent leadership, analytical and negotiating skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
Click HERE to view the full Senior Property Manager job description.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.