Patient Access Representative - Entry Level
Tacoma, WA • Patient Access
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking full-time and entry-level Patient Access Representatives.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide general administrative support to the Patient Access Department and assist PTHA patients in gaining access to healthcare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work at self-service check in kiosks and provide appropriate
applicationassistance to patients as needed.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment, providing excellent customer service.
- Greet and route all visitors/patients and responds to their requests in a helpful and courteous manner on the phone and in person.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and materials as needed.
- Provide administrative support including routing mail, taking minutes, composing agenda items, answering phones, composing, proofreading, typing, faxing, filing, copying, scanning, data entry, etc. when necessary.
Entry Level PAR Will Be Expected to Quickly Learn:
- Assist in contacting patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently work with an Electronic Health Records/Electronic Practice Management System.
- Prepare patient charts for daily appointments and provide patient file maintenance.
- Maintain system for scheduling, tracking, and making recall appointments.
- Perform updates on patients that have a scheduled appointment and are due to update no less than 80% of the time.
- Ability to quickly learn to check patients in for appointments and have patient complete necessary forms.
- Register new patients and/or update established patients including determination of direct and contract care eligibility according to policy and procedures with less than 12 errors a year.
- Explain updating responsibility, alternate resource requirements, and distribute and interpret patient information handouts as needed.
- Verify, collect, enter, and obtain pre-authorization (if needed) for 80% of scheduled appointments.
- Enter insurance and coverage information into the system within two weeks of receipt.
- Screen PTHA patients for DSHS eligibility 90% of each scheduled appointment.
- Maintain familiarity with and be able to fill in for other Patient Access Administrative Assistants in other areas of the PTHA.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing excellent direct customer service.
- One (1) year working within a role that required strict attention to detail.
- Proven working track record of excellent attendance at work (no more than 5 occurrences within a rolling year).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn various computer systems with success.
$18.00 - $21.00/hour