PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Audit Associate:
- Performing audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Responsible for examining and reporting on internal controls.
- Conducting financial, operational and compliance audits.
- Preparing work papers to adequately document audit work performed and to support conclusions reached.
- Preparing reports and audit findings.
- Reviewing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years of experience in public accounting.
- CPA certification or plans to obtain CPA.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Word.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels.
- IT Audit experience, a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
Travel Percentage: 40%
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com.