Currently seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our team! The AP supervisor works under our Accounting Manager, and the duties include overseeing the AP department, assisting with claims, and communicating with vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor has full responsibility for the following functions:
- Oversight of AP department and weekly check runs.
- Review statements from vendors and resolve issues.
- Claims and Returns Management for timely collection from vendors.
- Participate in vendor communication, as required, to facilitate and perpetuate business partnerships and sound working relationships.
- City Business License management.
- Updated Insurance Certificate management.
- Account set up and credit applications with new vendors.
- Annual 1099 preparation.
- Chase credit card reconciliation.
- Suggest and reinforce processes within the department for improved efficiency.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor has support responsibility for, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Execution of the accounts payable process including invoice entry, proper G/L account coding, payment scheduling relative to discount terms, pricing and invoice accuracy and validation, and check preparation.
- Facilitate invoice research, management approval for payment, stuffing and mailing checks, and other administrative functions relating to the accounts payable process.
- Support on maintaining all standard payment items such as leases, autos, and other such items.
- Support on miscellaneous tasks including ad-hoc accounts payable reports (bi-weekly), refunds, one off check runs, coding of credit card bills, and other such support functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, web-based software, and accounting software.
- Experience with all duties listed in the job description.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Wants to be part of a team.
- Construction trade experience with a homebuilder or subcontractor Preferred
- Experience with cash basis and accrual basis accounting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.