TITLE: Program Coordinator/Rapid Re-housing
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
All Chicago launched the Expedited Housing Initiative, which aims to house more people more quickly than Chicago ever has before. Through this initiative, All Chicago and the Continuum of Care are testing multiple programmatic innovations. These include: centralizing landlord outreach and engagement through a new program called Chicago Rents, hosting Accelerated Moving Events to facilitate cohort housing matches, expanding provider accountability metrics, and modifying how people flow through housing units. We believe these efforts will improve Chicago’s ability to house people quickly and connect them with rental subsidies, services and units scattered through the city. This position is a new position to coordinate in the expansion of our Rapid Re-housing program.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the Program team. The Program Coordinator has the primary responsibility to provide coordination and successful administration of the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)-funded Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) Program. The Program Coordinator may also be responsible for additional supportive tasks for the Expedited Housing Initiative (EHI).
Primarily, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the ESG-funded Rapid Re-Housing partnership in various activities to help the partnership reach its annual goals and objectives. The Program Coordinator will ensure an accurate, timely check requests process by monitoring Program Associates for accuracy, follow-up with partner agency staff. This position will coordinate the tracking and reporting of data for the RRH Program. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for assisting in the coordination annual and cyclical activities with the Program Manager, such as annual monitoring site visits and Refresher and Orientation trainings for Rapid Re-Housing providers. The Program Coordinator will also plan and facilitate Rapid Re-Housing Partner Meetings.
Rapid Re-Housing Programs Duties (85%)
- Develop and maintain an accurate system for reviewing, approving, and processing check requests. Ensure All Chicago Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) Program staff and RRH partner agency staff are properly trained in reviewing, approving, and processing check requests and supporting documentation for the RRH Program.
- Coordinate the work of Rapid Re-housing Associates to ensure consistency through the ESG RRH program. This including timely follow-up and communication with RRH partner organizations to ensure all appropriate and accurate documentation is submitted.
- Support RRH Associate duties as needed such as entering RRH check request data into the appropriate system for tracking purposes, mail RRH rent and utility checks to the appropriate third-party vendors.
- Coordinate and execute the annual RRH site visits and monthly partner meetings with RRH Program Manager and Program Manager for Monitoring and Technical Assistance as needed for development, planning, material development, etc.
- Monitor RRH data and prepare reports to funders. Prepare monthly data reports, prior to partner meetings.
- Coordinate the preparation for and execution of internal and external audits
- Lead the training and onboarding processes of new RRH partners and staff members.
- Support Program Manager with continuous quality improvement for RRH programs.
- Provide support as needed for Rapid Re-Housing program and Expedited Housing Initiative.
Other Duties (15%):
- Identify opportunities for streamlining workflows and programmatic systems.
- Respond to calls from homeless and at-risk community members seeking resources and assistance.
- Provide back-up support for other Program Team activities
- Other duties as assigned to support the work, goals and mission of the All Chicago Program Team
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public service, or equivalent degree or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional experience in the field(s) of homelessness service delivery and/or housing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with rapid re-housing and/or priority populations such as survivors of domestic violence, youth and others, preferred.
- Knowledge using ServicePoint (an HMIS system) is highly preferred.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
The salary for this position is $44,770 -$59,400 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with
some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.