REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago effectively combines immediate resources with long term strategies to achieve one goal – to make homelessness history in Chicago. Our Emergency Fund program provides critical financial assistance to people experiencing an emergency that could lead to homelessness or other crises. Our Chicago Alliance program analyzes, recommends, and collaboratively implements sustainable housing solutions for Chicago. Our Learning Center program researches leading practices and offers educational opportunities for all those working to end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
The Senior Accounting Coordinator is a key member of the Finance and Administrative team. The Senior Accounting Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate the daily grant accounting activities for public and private grants, to assist with month – end close activities, and to coordinate the accounts payable and vendor management of the organization. In addition, this position will perform key operational duties, such as IT administration.
Accounts Payable Management – 20%
- Review all payment request submissions for proper approvals, appropriate receipt back-up, and proper account coding.
- Process all properly submitted payment requests for payment, either by check, credit card or EFT.
- Prepare bank transfer requests to cover check runs.
- Prepare positive pay electronic file for all check runs and submit to bank.
- Manage vendor records, including contact information and W-9 information.
- Prepare and submit 1099s on an annual basis.
Month-End Close and Other Accounting Activities – 20%
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare journal entries related to the month-end close.
- Maintain subsidiary ledger for general ledger accounts.
- Assist with preparing monthly financial statement packages.
- Assemble all source documentation needed for annual financial audit.
Grants Accounting Activities – 30%
- Monitor grant activity for all grants to ensure spending is in accordance with the budget.
- Prepare and submit spending reports and other ad-hoc reports to public and private funders.
- Assist Director of Finance with preparing grants budgets and budget revisions.
- Meet with program staff to communicate any financial issues related to grant budgets.
- Be the liaison with DFSS for all city of Chicago grants.
- Assemble all source documentation needed for city of Chicago audits and other agency reviews.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Management – 20%
- Review daily check deposit (as prepared through remote deposit or otherwise).
- Record deposits for activity not posted to Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare vouchers for assigned grants and maintains the related A/R subledger.
- Maintain the cash receipts log (either through spreadsheet or Financial Edge).
Operations – 10%
- Assist HR and Operations Manager with the internal IT function of the organization, utilizing the organization’s IT vendor to coordinate new computer setup, software and hardware installation, email account management and in-house help desk support; monitor the organization’s IT vendor services and negotiate the IT contract.
- Assist CFOO and Director of Finance with various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent degree or experience.
- Three to four years of work experience
- Grants accounting experience preferred
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Office products and experience with accounting software
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team
- Strong work ethic and integrity, with a commitment to confidentiality
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required within the City.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, general identification, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave
How to apply:
- Apply online with cover letter, resume and salary range requirements.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position begins as soon as possible.
- No phone calls, please.