The Document Center Processing Specialist is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks including scanning and indexing of documents and processing of mail according to procedures and quality assurance standards established by the Care 4 Kids Child Care subsidy program. This position strives to fulfill the mission of United Way of Connecticut (UWC) at all times while at work.
What you will do
- Performs various mailroom functions including processing of incoming and outgoing mail with the primary focus of scanning and indexing of documents.
- Receives, organizes, verifies and processes documents and information according to program procedures and quality assurance standards.
- Indexes and validates mail; prepares files and loose documents to be imaged, indexed and routed appropriately.
- Prepares fulfillment packages.
- Sorts and tracks returned mail.
- Immediately reports any technical problems with equipment, systems or facilities to Document Center Lead or Supervisor.
- Meets defined quality and productivity standards.
- Reconciles documents and data as needed.
- Researches, retrieves and returns files or documents, as needed.
- Logs manual and system information in appropriate location(s).
When and where you will work
This is a full-time position working 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Why you should work here – the Pay and Benefits
- $15.00 per hour base pay
- Bilingual English/Spanish required, you’ll be paid an additional $0.75 per hour worked for proven bi-lingual skills ($1.50 more per hour for Spanish and Portuguese)
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after year).
- Employment at UWC counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture. An environment where you will constantly be learning, including professional development and opportunities for growth within United Way
- The opportunity to be part of a team of individuals passionate about helping the community as well as your own individual growth
Who you are
- You have a High School Diploma or GED
- You have data entry experience (required) previous mailroom experience (preferred).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 17, 2022
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.