LOCATION: Wayne County Healthy Community (FQHC) - Hamtramck, MI 48212
POSITION SUMMARY: Our thriving medical practice needs an experienced Medical Receptionist who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules as well as bookkeeping, file management and office organization. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in a timely fashion with the ability to multitask.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments and to help them schedule testing for off-site services
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Notifies medical assistants and other clinical staff when important shipments such as vaccines arrive.
- Is able to quickly respond to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Can answer phone calls promptly and answer multiple phone lines
- Able to speak to angry patients in a calm manner and diffuse tense situations
- Work with providers and clinical staff to coordinate care for patient
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, medical assistant certificate preferred
- Must have excellent written & verbal skills
- Must have basic understanding of medical terminology
- Must have basic understanding of patient charges and insurance information
- Responsibility for maintaining records, reports, deadlines.
- Responsibility of knowing how office machine/equipment must be operated
- Physical demands/ emotional demands and any other demands usual or unusual.
Full-time SALARY: $15 hourly with Benefits
Part-time SALARY: $15 hourly WITHOUT Benefits
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, and Vision insurance
- 401a & 403b
- Long Term Disability
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please contact SEMHA HR Department if you need assistance to upload resume or make application online.
** This position is supported by a grant or private funding with the Wayne County Healthy Community (FQHC) and is renewed annually as funds are available. **