This position serves as the Engineer for critical facility systems such as UPW (Ultrapure Water), Process Chemicals/Gases and Waste Water Treatment Systems. The engineer will be the technical support “go to person” for questions/issues regarding these systems.
- Be the interface between the Fab, Supply Chain, and chemical, gas Suppliers. Also interface with on-site contractors for UPW and Waste management.
- This position is responsible for preparing engineering designs, cost estimates, funding requests and providing project management of the installation and start-up of all new systems and system modifications to accommodate Fab process changes.
UPW (Ultrapure Water)
- Perform all engineering to support the ultrapure water facilities for the site. This includes:
- Tracking performance parameters including water quality, flow, pressure, temperature.
- Create and maintain Excel spread sheet for daily flow readings to monitor water usage data and assess usage trends.
- Engineering for system changes and upgrades.
- Engineering to support the installation of new process equipment.
- Provide engineering support to investigate and resolve quality or performance problems with the UPW system.
- Interface with the on-site UPW contactor.
- Maintain and renew annual contract.
- Audit contractor performance against KPIs.
- Prepare, review PM procedures. Audit PM completion.
- Interface with chemical suppliers on chemical quality, ordering, scheduling, and inventory management.
- Technical support to the Facilities team
- Communicates chemical information, such as chemical incompatibilities, and safe handling.
- Technical support for all laboratory activities including iCAP (ICP OES), titration, obtaining standards.
- Organize calibration, technical support and training from vendors for laboratory equipment.
- Monitoring and reporting chemical inventory to ensure that the Fab has sufficient supply of chemicals.
- Create and maintain Excel log sheets for chemical daily readings with warning levels to prevent containers running empty.
- Engineering and design chemical distribution systems to include pump cabinets, distribution piping and valve manifold boxes. Selecting components, such as valves, pumps, piping, tanks, and filters, and provide detailed specifications for their purchase.
- Document chemical quality specifications, verify COAs from chemical suppliers.
- Create and manage chemical bulk delivery procedures.
- Generate and document chemical system/process FMEA, OCAP, P&ID.
- Provide monthly chemical VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) report to EHS.
- Provide monthly chemical/waste/water usage throughputs report to EMWD.
- Provide all chemical info to EHS for use in permit applications and renewal.
- Arrange outside lab chemical analysis requests. Manage Dangerous Goods shipments.
- Perform chemical calculations for blending chemicals in-house. Make adjustment to the blending batch ingredients when the batch is out-of-spec.
- Ability to work well with junior and senior level, to include Process Technicians and Engineers.
- Basic understanding of algebraic concepts.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good data extraction, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic problems and address root causes.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor processing.
- Ability to understand all maintenance activity details required to ensure a healthy and repeatable process.
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities, perform and monitor multiple overlapping tasks/operations to meet goals and timelines.
- Requirement for strong ownership/responsiveness in a manufacturing environment, good data analysis/statistics skills and good oral/written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work hands-on in the cleanroom, operate the tool when needed, write and run CMP recipes, inspect wafers under the microscope, and perform basic characterization related to CMP processing with particles / defects metrology, roughness metrology, and thickness / uniformity metrology
Work EnvironmentWork is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled, open cubicle/office setting. Frequent interruptions and conversational noise can be expected. <5% of work is performed in the Fab, which a temperature-controlled cleanroom environment that requires the use of a full-body gown, over-boots, over-hood, safety glasses, and other PPE. The use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials can be expected. Frequent gowning and de-gowning is required. Frequent interruptions, static noise, and alarms (auditory and flashing lights) can be expected.
- Frequently in a stationary position, often sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods (3 - 5 hours)
- Frequently viewing a computer monitor for prolonged periods (3 - 5hours)
- Frequently walking around the Fab for prolonged periods (3 - 8 hours)
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull 50+ lbs objects, such as tool components
- Occasionally required to lift 50+ lbs and occasionally carry that amount short distances (# ft)
- Occasionally required reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, and stoop to access and work on tools in the Fab
- May often require repetitive motions involving the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- May require different positions and motions in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally required to handle items using small ranges of motion (e.g. fingers and hands) and large ranges of motion (e.g., full-arms and shoulders) for carrying cassettes and lot boxes
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
The employment policy of Skorpios is to provide equal opportunity to all individuals. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. It is the policy of this Company not to discriminate against any employee, or applicant for employment, because of age, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, genetics, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, medical condition, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Skorpios also does not discriminate on the basis of national origin or citizenship status, as provided under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the company.
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, Process or Industrial Engineering from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- 5 years of experience as a mechanical or process engineer in the Facilities Engineering organization of a major semiconductor manufacturer, a supplier to the semiconductor industry or an industrial/manufacturing environment is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of general water treatment technologies and/or processes.
- Good communications skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for analyzing, monitoring, reporting and presentations.
- Awareness and some knowledge with federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste management.
- Experience with specialty gas delivery systems and chemical process and delivery systems.
- Experience with the audit processes, incident investigations, root cause analysis, hazard & risk awareness, incentives, and driving employee accountability.
- Ability to lead, influence, motivate, and manage change; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong optimization and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Strong Statistical Analysis Skills
- Six Sigma training - Black Belt or Master Black Belt.
- Lean manufacturing (5S, Kaizen).