The Carpet/Vinyl tech is responsible for repairs and installation for consumer houses and production builds. This position will work towards being knowledgeable in all applications of LVP board replacements, developing and maintaining customer relations, and working in a deadline-orientated environment to become a highly effective associate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install carpet stairs
- Glue-Down LVP, Carpet over Pad, and Vinyl
- Anticipate the traffic patterns in the room, and plan carpet seams accordingly to avoid premature wear
- Communicate your schedule and any unexpected complications with the client in a timely, respectful and professional manner
- Clean the workspace thoroughly before departing on the last day of the job, including vacuuming, disposing of carpet fragments and moving furniture back into the space
- Perform On-Site Vinyl Repair
- Develop & maintain customer relations
- Inspect areas for work & receive approval for repairs
- Repair all approved work
- Track & maintain van inventory
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable in a hands-on role working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with your hands
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Know how to use a measuring tape
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Team oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable, self-motivated, and organized
- Ability to maintain a clean working environment
- General PC skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between job sites; to handle tools and materials; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.