To provide after school and weekend recreation supports for children, teens, and adults. Activities include, but are not limited to art therapy, expressive play, movies, swimming, day trips, etc.
· After School Recreation: provide respite support services to school aged children. To assist with the development of skills and socialization with peers.
· Gap Program/Free Play: provide daytime support to school aged children. Provide support, engagement, and participate in scheduled activities with school aged children.
· Friday Night Owls: program provides staff support to work on physical, emotional, social, financial, and creative wellness skills to teens and adults.
· Saturday Recreation: provide support to teens and adults while working together during a variety of social activities.
· To promote maximum independence and self-worth, while facilitating recreational opportunities.
· To provide for, ensure the safety of the people receiving supports/services and to adhere to any medical or other needs.
· To assist with activities of daily living.
· To independently transport multiple participants to designated recreation sites.
· To operate, agency/own vehicles in compliance with agency policies/procedures, and traffic laws.
· To maintain courteous and professional conduct at all times while on duty.
· To attend any trainings, meetings, updates medical requirements necessary/required. To acquire and maintain all required certifications in accordance with agency policy.
· Any and all other duties requested by supervisor.
Responsible to: Assistant Director of Community Habilitation and Respite Services/Designee
Part-time and Full-time positions available. All part-time positions must maintain a minimum of 20 hours per week.
· High School diploma/GED is preferred
· Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to agency insurance standards (Valid insurance card and registration necessary if using own vehicle)
· Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
· Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
· CPR/First AID Certification (training provided)
· Lifting/transferring minimum of 50lbs
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of those receiving services.
· Adherence to the agency policies, including attendance policy.