WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR DENTISTS!
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Dentist is a member of the clinical team and works closely with the Chief Medical Officer to integrate primary medical care with oral health services. The Dentist is responsible for primary dental services for patients of Westside Family Healthcare. All activities are carried out within the scope of organizational policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors and under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DENTIST
Licensing requirements have changed! Check out: https://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/dental/dentist_license/
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provide preventive or corrective services
- Advise or instruct patients and clinical staff regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians
- Plan, organize, or maintain dental health programs, including participating in WFH quality improvement programs and contributing to the development of the dental portion of the annual Health Care Plan
- Implement dental department policies, protocols, and procedures in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards, including those of The Joint Commission
- Assist in the supervision and performance evaluation of dental staff according to established guidelines, as assigned
- Provide oversight and mentoring of dental residents as requested
- Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Ability to obtain license in Delaware Licensing requirements have changed! Check out: https://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/dental/dentist_license/
- Basic life support certification
- Ability to travel between worksites as needed