WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR A DENTAL DIRECTOR TO LEAD THE TEAM!
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Dental Director, in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, develops the organizational vision for dental services integrated with primary medical care, manages the dentists who provide these services, oversees the management of dental staff, and works as a dental provider.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
- In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, develop the organizational vision for the provision of integrated dental services and develop and maintain a program to achieve this vision.
- Provide leadership to the dental team, serving as a clinical resource and mentor.
- Supervises the other dentists and dental staff, working with Human Resources to recruit, screen, hire, orient, train, direct and monitor work, provide ongoing performance feedback and formal performance evaluations, implement corrective actions and make employment termination decisions in accordance with Westside policies and procedures.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provide preventive or corrective services.
- Record patient-dentist interactions as they occur in patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, condition of the patient, and care or treatment received.
- Use masks, gloves, and safety glasses to protect patients and self from infectious diseases.
- Advise or instruct patients and clinical staff regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services.
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians.
- Plan, organize, or maintain dental health programs, including participating in WFH quality improvement programs and contributing to the development of the dental portion of the annual Health Care Plan.
- Implement dental department policies, protocols, and procedures in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards, including those of The Joint Commission.
- Coordinate operations of the dental program with other community health center projects and clinical staff members.
- Participate in WFH dental health promotion and disease prevention activities in the community.
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Eligibility for licensing in Delaware
- Basic life support certification
- Ability to travel between worksites as needed
- Eligibility for staff privileges at local hospitals as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and electronic health records