Medical Assistant (2 yrs exp)
Tacoma, WA • Medical Department
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time experienced Medical Assistant.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 19+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assist physicians and nursing staff in the preparation for and delivery of patient examinations and treatment. Provide administrative support to the Medical Clinic as required.
- Prepare patients of all ages for examinations and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs, perform audiograms, vision checks, and ECGs, administer immunizations, and obtain necessary specimens.
- Perform procedures and administration of medications/diagnostic agents as delegated.
- Provide general nursing care in collaboration with physicians and nursing staff on a daily basis.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with appropriate supplies on a weekly basis. Clean instruments for sterilization daily as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic and escort patients daily.
- Provide patient health record maintenance, medical faxing and copying, and project support as needed.
- Provide staff administrative support and back-up including answering phones, appointment scheduling, compose and/or generate letters, and mail distribution as needed.
- Prioritize incoming phone calls and ensure patient concerns are addressed within 2 business days.
- Perform annual eye photo assessments for appropriate diabetic patients, as needed.
- Perform phlebotomy and basic lab testing (i.e. UA, pregnancy, rapid strep)as necessary.
- Perform limited x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety using a variety of radiation protection and shielding material, as permitted by state certification.
- Responsible for precepting/training new Medical Assistant staff and/or students as directed.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Two years’ experience as a Medical Assistant, working in family medicine, with patients of all ages.
- Must have a current Medical Assistant Certification with the State of Washington.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Experience and/or ability to work with an Electronic Health Records system.
$24.00 - $28.00/hr DOE