Our vision is simple, yet bold: "The Association of Former Students will be the premier alumni organization.” We are seeking a student at Texas A&M University to join a highly motivated team in furthering this vision while helping to organize, promote and coordinate the execution of over 300 annual Muster ceremonies worldwide.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations and Texas A&M’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to:
(i) exhibiting a high-level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time,
(ii) developing and fostering trusted relationships with team members, A&M Clubs and former students alike,
(iii) serving as an ambassador for The Association of Former Students and Texas A&M, and
(iv) having a strong motivation for serving others.
The Club Programs Student Assistant will assist our Former Student Programs team as needed with a specific focus on Club Programs initiatives.
- Assist with the organization, promotion, coordination and execution of over 300 annual Muster ceremonies worldwide.
- Perform data entry, create invoices, copy, file, and scan/fax Club- and Muster-related documents.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with former students, Muster Chairs and Club Presidents by phone, via email and in person.
- Create Muster invitations, send mass emails and pull specific Muster Roll Call lists for each organized Muster, as appropriate.
- Assist Muster speakers in accessing appropriate resources.
- Correspond with families of Aggies who passed away to help them determine at which Muster ceremony their loved one’s name will be called.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of away game All-Aggie Tailgates, Coach’s Nights and President’s Nights.
- Assist with recordkeeping and chartering process of A&M Clubs worldwide.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meet our Team Expectations.
- Support The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Foster relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attend external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Ability to work 15-20 hours per week (20 hours required in spring semester). Strong written and oral communication skills. Exceptional planning and project management skills. Strong interpersonal skills with friendly, customer-focused attitude. Must be detail-oriented with strong desire for accuracy. Ability to work on a high-performing team, as well as independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Ability to use standard office equipment and software, Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required. Ability to work effectively with a variety of unique personalities and individuals.
Preferred: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and InDesign.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation. Assignments to evening and weekend engagements and occasional travel may be required.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University.
Preferred: Current student at Texas A&M University with ability to serve in this position at least two years, for continuity purposes.
Received: Coordinators of Club Programs.