Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission as part of our graphics team, which partners with internal and external customers of The Association of Former Students, including staff, former students, Texas A&M representatives, and current students to provide graphic design services to departmental staff, programs, campus beneficiaries and affiliate organizations.
This individual will assist the Full-Time Graphic Designer in performing print and digital graphic design and prepress operations, with the potential for some photography work. Candidates should have prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator). The ideal candidate is an organized multitasker able to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects at once, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Provide graphic design support including, but not limited to, layouts for newsletters, invitations, postcards, brochures, posters, signage and various other print collateral.
- Create digital and production-ready art.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of The Association of Former Students’ brand, logo and trademarks.
- Update and maintain digital and print archives.
- Assist with photography projects as needed and log photos into The Association’s photography repository.
- Work on special projects as needed and assigned by the Vice President for Communications, the Director of Marketing or the Graphic Designer.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Graphic Designer to improve standard operating procedures, increase efficiency in processes, and create graphic design opportunities to improve efficiency at The Association.
- Perform related duties as required.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meet our Team Expectations.
- Support The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Foster relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attend external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Self-motivated with strong written, verbal, and organizational skills. Must have the ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work effectively with a variety of unique personalities and individuals and to communicate effectively with students, former students, Association staff and leadership in a professional manner. Ability to use standard office equipment and software. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Preferred: Understanding of photography principles and the ability to take professional-quality photographs. Ability to work in the position for at least 2 years, due to the amount of training involved.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation.
Required: Average working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat).
Preferred: Knowledge of PDF files and prepress requirements.