Philbrook Museum of Art is seeking a reliable, safety-minded individual with a passion for creating outstanding visitor experiences to join our security team. The Security Team provides an essential front-line service in safeguarding staff and visitors, in addition to artwork and other museum property. This position models behaviors consistent with Philbrook's continued effort to ensure the Museum if a safe, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive venue, in alignment with its brand and mission.
About Us: Creativity and connection. These simple and powerful principles inform every aspect of the modern Philbrook experience. From concerts in the cabin to campouts in the Garden, from lowrider picnics to unforgettable and diverse exhibitions, the goal is clear: to become and remain Tulsa’s most welcoming cultural institution. A stunning historic home, a world-class art museum, and 25 breathtaking acres. Philbrook Museum of Art is an art museum with expansive formal and informal gardens located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Philbrook strives every day to make a creative and connected community through art and gardens.
Security Staff Essential Responsibilities:
- Physically patrol assigned areas, protecting the building and its contents
- Be familiar with artwork and report any damages or issues immediately
- Ensure the safety of staff and visitors
- Maintain a welcoming demeanor to all visitors and provide appropriate information
- Maintain technical working knowledge of and closely monitor security systems
- Respond to emergency situations quickly and appropriately
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the institution
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years' customer-facing service
- Previous security experience preferred
- A strong passion for the mission and commitment to delivering Philbrook's vision
- Strong customer service skills in a public setting
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and calm under pressure
- Must be able to stand and walk 50-70% of the time
- CLEET trained and certified preferred but not required
- First Aid/CPR/AED training preferred but not required
Shift: Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-5pm (weekday availability is a plus, but not required).
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.