Philbrook Museum of Art is seeking a highly organized candidates to help lead our Event Staff! Our Event staff is responsible for assisting in the implementation of special events consistent with client, department, and museum standards and expectations. This position will maintain the Museum in a neat, efficient, and favorable image to staff, daily visitors, groups or organizations, both public and private, which hold special events, receptions, and meetings in the museum’s public venues. Event staff will assist with setup, tear down, and maintenance of event spaces and support areas to ensure a neat, efficient, and favorable image at all times. This position will help ensure all these steps are executed and successful.
About Us: Creativity and connection. These simple and powerful principles inform every aspect of the modern Philbrook experience. From concerts in the cabin to campouts in the Garden, from lowrider picnics to unforgettable and diverse exhibitions, the goal is clear: to become and remain Tulsa’s most welcoming cultural institution. A stunning historic home, a world-class art museum, and 25 breathtaking acres. Philbrook Museum of Art is an art museum with expansive formal gardens located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Philbrook strives every day to make a creative and connected community through art and gardens.
Event Staff Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs event set-up and tear down activities seeing that the assigned materials (tables, chairs, equipment) arrive timely and are set according to event sheet instructions
- Maintain a global view of daily, weekly and seasonal Museum activities.
- Create and maintain a welcoming, safe, and orderly experience for staff and visitors
- Emphasizing direct and transparent communication and a customer service-oriented approach
- Ensure smooth operations and mitigate risks to people, art, artifacts and the Museum in general
- Proactively anticipate challenges or issues and work collaboratively with the Assistant Manager of Operations
- Working during events to remove trash, clean up spills/breakages, clean restrooms and any other high-traffic areas, direct staff and guests, and help with any issues that arise
- Independently and collaboratively lead event support assistants in both setting up for events and tearing down/preparing for next day operations
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in event setup preferred
- 2-3 years team leadership preferred
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-up on cleaning and maintaining a favorable image of museum.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions
- Comfortable with Microsoft suite programs
- Effectively work independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to walk and stand 90% of the time, lift up to 75 lbs and carry 35 lbs
Must be available to work day, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.