We are committed to supporting at risk children and families by providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission: “to provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.”
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations in Texas, Missouri and Louisiana. In all of our programs, we seek to provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee’s contribution).
Working Conditions: The Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager works in provided office space. Much of the duties is performed in family homes. May work some remotely. Team coordination is vital. The environment is high energy level and at times stressful. Travel is necessary locally and at times overnight out of town. After hours work and sometimes weekend work is normal. On call hours are routine.
Position Summary: The Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager provide guidance, training, and assistance to foster/adoptive parents and children in care. The Case Manager is responsible for assessment and coordination of services to each individual child, support and education for the foster/adoptive parents, and available to coordinate services with the child’s biological family if appropriate. Must be knowledgeable of all PCHAS polices, COA policies, TDFPS minimum standards and the Texas Family Codes; and see that these policies are followed.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides case management services for all assigned clients, working with all other team members for guidance and assistance. Maintains an average caseload of 15-16 clients.
- Conducts face to face contact with each foster/adoptive child and foster/adoptive family on a monthly basis (minimally).
- Provides overall support, including consultation, individual training (TBRI and other behavior interventions, self-care monitoring, information sharing, and relationship building support for each family and child on the case manager’s caseload.
- Maintains accurate documentation of client’s records. Audits case records to meet Minimum Standards, PCHAS Policies, COA policies and Texas Family Codes.
- Facilitates the development and ensures the implementation of service plans for each child and family on assigned caseload.
- Maintains a working relationship with foster/adoptive parents, teachers, therapists, CPS case managers, SSCC representatives, birth family (if allowed), and significant others in order to implement successful treatment for each client.
A master's degree in social work or related field is required. Some experience with families and children is preferred.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.