Transport Communications Specialist I
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications the Communicator will be responsible for managing communications between BMT ambulance road crews, facilities, and dispatch.
At times, the Transport Communications Specialist will receive phone calls from hospital nursing floors, outpatient satellites, and private residences with request for transportation. Dispatchers will assign called to ambulance units based on level of care (BLS, ALS, SCT, RN, WC) efficiently and accurately.
- HS Graduate
- 6 months experience as a BMT Transport Intake Specialist I or equivalent
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in length in a 24 hour environment
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance and agree to mandatory holdovers when relief is not available (not to exceed 24 hours)
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to sit for a long periods of time and view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a busy, high-stress environment and be able to think and react quickly and effectively to tense situations.
- Ability to operate telephone and other specialized computer communication equipment.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and communicate effectively / accurately
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to recall details from numerous informational resources.
- Pass a pre-employment drug and background screen
- EMT experience preferred but not required
- Sign the Butler Medical Transport non-disclosure form.
$22 - $25 an hour