Are you searching for a new career that brings meaning to someone’s world? Are you passionate about caring for others? Do you take pride in providing support that helps people achieve their goals? Take the LEAP! Come join the Providence Team and start your career as a Direct Support Professional today!
Bridget is seeking a dedicated person to support her in her home and in the community. Bridget enjoys going to the museum, the gym, shopping, or even an Orioles’ game. Other times, she loves listening to music, watching movies, crocheting, going out to eat, fishing, and spending time with her family.
Bridget is active inside and outside of her home and is looking for a kind and patient person to explore her interests together. A Direct Support Professional with Bridget will also assist her with household tasks such as housekeeping, errands, and meal prep; and personal care such as assistance with medication administration.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide quality care in a safe and healthy setting. Create a space of trust and build a relationship with her.
- Assist with grocery shopping and meal planning/preparation.
- Able to transport to medical appointments, community trips and events.
- Assist with light cleaning and laundry as needed.
- Administer medications as needed.
Direct Support Professional Pay Scale: $17.25-$18.18 depending upon experience and shift.
Direct Support Professional Job Type: Afternoons and Overnights. Full-time and Part-time shifts available.
Direct Support Professional Shift Type: Direct Support Professionals work shifts based on the needs of those they support. We're seeking full-time and part-time candidates looking to work afternoons and overnights.
A Direct Support Professional
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver's license; NOT provisional
- Is able/willing to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- Has a High school diploma/GED
- Has Computer skills
Benefits for You as a Direct Support Professional
- Medical (company contribution 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (company contribution 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (company contribution 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (company paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- 401k (5% company match)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance
Full Direct Support Professional Job Description available upon request!