About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized, employee-owned design firm, with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interiors, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and the majority of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 185 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Interior Designer will work as a part of the Design Team in the development of architectural projects from concepts through construction administration, with an emphasis on the interior. The ideal candidate will have technical experience creating construction documents, and familiarity with appropriate materiality as they relate to the building interior.
The candidate should demonstrate a resourcefulness, be able to work autonomously as well as within an energetic team collaborative process. A successful candidate will demonstrate forward thinking and a willingness to go above and beyond when project demands require.
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and CA.
- Produce millwork / furniture drawings and details, which meet various and specific program requirements while also representing an overall design concept.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Collaborate and participate with the project team on construction documents, including generating finish plans, interior elevations, lighting layouts, interior detailing, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Work with consultants, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples, when necessary.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- 3+ years of related experience as an Architect or Interior Designer
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Knowledge of and experience with Revit and 3D visualization
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp preferred
- Knowledge of life safety codes and requirements
- Good knowledge of the design process, including specification of furniture and furniture systems; material selections and specifications.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Ability to work with a large project team, across multiple offices
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and client relationship management skills
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly-energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.