Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, drive and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared on a daily basis. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing data analysis tasks, supporting the development of data models, and creating reports using Power BI. Review and evaluate complex technical and business data to create visualizations for data users and derive insights, understanding, and actionable responses. Support the success of the team and help Skillable make data-driven decisions by translating technical and detailed information into easily understandable and accurate reports.
- Create, manage and update reports, ingest and transform data, build data models, create calculations and wireframes for proposed results, and develop visuals
- Collaborate with the Designer to understand and implement mock-ups
- Serve as a thought-partner and advisor with stakeholders in gathering report requirements, progress, and signoff
- Develop department resources such as templates and documentation
- Participate in daily/weekly team AGILE meetings
- Develop and maintain Power BI reports and communicate with various technical and non-technical teams to develop data and report requirements
- Conduct data validation and quality checks to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Collect and analyze large data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Keep data, reports, etc. in line with company’s security compliances and branding
- Educate and mentor a growing base of Power BI users and in developing a culture of data-driven decision making
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to ensure assignments meet the broader functional and user experience requirements. Gather and define those requirements as needed
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Analyze and make recommendations for improvement of department resources as well as create and maintain departmental documentation
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required.
Job Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in a related field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, data analysis OR equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of experience with Power BI Desktop, DAX and Power Query to transform data and create custom calculations
- Proven ability to leverage data reporting and analysis to help drive stakeholder’s business decisions
- Understand complex and technical datasets to analyze to transform into consumable reports
- Communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels of the organization
- Creative thinker that has been able to study a dataset and tell a story visually
- Ability to work autonomously and meet critical deadlines accordingly
- Experience with design-thinking and/or desire to support user-experience design is a plus
- Desire and ability to work at a fast pace and drive concurrent technical projects
- Comfortability working closely with technical and business audiences of all levels
- Experience with R or Python a plus
- Experience with handling extremely large data and maintaining report performance a plus
What’s in it for You? Rewards and Perks
We believe in providing a suite of benefits that ensure our employees know we appreciate them as people first. Skillable wants to be a company that promotes physical, emotional and all around well-being through our benefit offerings! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Fully remote with a monthly stipend to pay for office services and supplies
- Medical (2 plan options), dental (2 plan options), vision, health savings account with generous employer contributions, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, EAP, group paid life insurance, group paid STD and LTD and voluntary life/AD&D insurance, accident and critical illness options.
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, healthy lifestyle reimbursements.
- Open PTO, Paid holidays, bereavement leave, parental leave, caregiver leave and paid FMLA leave.
- Friends and Family Friday to end our standard workweek at 2pm local time; Full company closure during the 4th of July holiday week.
- Access to pet insurance; Access for employees and dependents to Skillable learning opportunities through our product and more!
The conditions for this position are in a remote home office setting, requiring a space that supports privacy and focus to attend to regular and frequent video and voice calls. Employees in this position will use their computer or phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Travel is anticipated up to 10% of the time for critical business meetings and industry events.