Who We Are
Straughan Environmental, Inc. is a successful, rapidly growing, woman owned business that provides high quality and cost-effective consulting services to a wide variety of clients in the governmental and private sectors. Straughan is committed to advancing sustainable and resilient communities. We are experts in environmental planning, design, assessments, and policy. Our staff consists of wildlife and wetlands scientists; geomorphologists and hydrologists, civil and environmental engineers; inspectors; biologists and botanists; planners; cultural resource specialists; and GIS and CAD professionals. This combination of technical expertise and an understanding of policy make Straughan a highly competitive firm and a great place to advance your career.
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist reports to the Accounting Controller and is focused on Accounts Receivable. The position will play an important role in supporting the Accounting Controller during the monthly invoicing process. The candidate may be required to work additional hours as needed to meet both accounting and regulatory deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Specialist will be responsible for preparing and analyzing schedules for account receivables
- Review all invoices providing support timely and accurately
- Prepare and review billing invoices for all assigned projects and tasks - Focus on Time & Materials and Fixed Price contracts, may include Cost Plus
- Track and submit approved invoices and ensure accuracy
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Implement billing operations to maximize effectiveness and accuracy
- Maintain records of all customer payments, receipts, and other transaction records
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of billing/invoicing issues
- Audit the billing information entered in the database
- Support special projects or initiatives
- Monitor project budgets and issue reallocation letters as needed
- Reconciliation of Accounts Receivable
- Provide client customer service support – respond to various billing related requests
- Review monthly billable items for accuracy
- Use paperless invoice work-flow management
- Perform bulk filing of invoices and related support
- Complete other duties as assigned
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting or related Certificate Program.
- Minimum of 10 years Maryland Government Contract billing experience required
- Experience with Unanet ERP Accounting System required
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams skills require
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related Certificate Program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by applicable law.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at a time.
As a condition of employment, Straughan employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom are legally entitled to an accommodation. Proof of vaccination will need to be submitted as part of the interview/hiring process.
Straughan Environmental Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.