- Transports students to and from field trips and athletic events.
- Operates transportation vehicle with a heightened awareness of driving conditions and surroundings, in observance of established safety precautions and driving procedures.
- Stops the vehicle at all assigned stops along the route while taking all precautions and actions necessary to ensure the safe loading, transporting, and unloading of the passengers
- Maintain complete control of the vehicle and remain alert while enroute.
- Instructs children in safety precautions and practices; maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to a school administrator.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections; maintains vehicle cleanliness and sanitation.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to the Director of Operations
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills: Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations and the precautions necessary to avoid accidents. Ability to operate a bus safely and economically. Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition. Ability to relate to students and parents. Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, timesheets, field trip forms, incident and accident reports, and other documentation as required.
Training and Experience: Graduation from high school or completion of GED. Completion of first aid and driving courses. Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
Licenses or Certifications: CDL Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement, Department of Transportation physical examination