At 62ABOVE we solve gnarly marketing challenges for our clients with a toolkit of creative brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and paid media. We have a fast-paced and busy work environment. Candidates that like to take the initiative, are proactive, and handle ambiguity well will thrive with us. If your resume says things like 4 to 5 years of advertising agency experience, team player, thought leader, entrepreneurial, self-starter/motivator… send it on over!
Reporting to the VP, Account Services, the SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER is responsible for performing various account and project management duties. The position leads day-to-day relationship with clients, communicates client’s needs and preferences to the internal team, and ensures we are meeting established account deliverables in a timely fashion. Preparation of creative briefs, presentations, leading meetings, and providing strategic guidance for our clients are a sampling of the skills applicants will require to be effective.
Successful candidates possess an analytical, creative, collaborative, service driven, flexible, and team-oriented approach to their work. Confidence is important with a good balance of humility. Proactive communication is key along with a current (and ever growing) understanding of marketing and advertising. While the position may work with accounts in a variety of industries, we are seeking candidates that can hit the ground running. Experience with travel or destination marketing is very much desired.
- Builds strong client relationships, offering sound counsel and excellent communication.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the agency team, maintaining knowledge of the client’s business, industry, and competitors.
- Develops creative briefs and work orders to provide direction and inspiration to our internal team.
- Collaborates with clients and internal team on marketing plans and brand strategy.
- Reviews creative layouts and copy for client presentation and ensures that all work meets or exceeds client goals and expectations.
- Ensures quality control on all documents and concepts that go to the client (proofreading, formatting and fact checking).
- Works with strategy, media, social, PR, and production departments to manage integrated accounts, asset deliveries, media orders, and purchase orders.
- Leads internal team and client meetings; presents clearly and confidently; issues agendas and status reports.
- Takes notes and minutes in meetings; sends recap of action items and next steps to team/client; facilitates implementation of revisions based on client feedback.
- Financial management of accounts including development of SOWs, financial forecasting, organic revenue growth and account profitability.
- Other tasks and projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Team (aka Competencies)
- Performs well under deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, working with multiple stakeholders and different personalities to foster a collaborative team environment.
- Effective at relationship building and always maintains a professional demeanor to represent agency to client teams and other external parties.
- Brings solutions that address clients’ business goals and offers a strategic point of view.
- Reliable and accountable for managing assigned tasks and projects independently; looping in internal team leads appropriately and as needed.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to creative problem solving.
- Takes direction but works well independently to manage and complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Strategic thinker and resourceful problem-solver.
- Effective project management and time-management skills.
- A desire for continual personal and professional development.
- Communicates openly and often in a clear and effective way, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated comfort and effectiveness with remote management and teamwork.
- 4 or more years of relevant industry experience as Senior Account Manager or similar position. Preference for candidates that have experience in Destination Marketing.
- Proven track record of managing client relationship and creative production in a marketing or advertising agency.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field is a plus, though not required.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the advertising industry AND travel/tourism.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, etc. Effective skills utilizing video conference software (Zoom, Teams, etc.) and other tools to manage projects/deadlines.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
- Available to work M-F during west coast business hours. Some travel will be required.
- Location in San Diego area a HUGE plus.
- Competitive salary + profit sharing/discretionary bonus
- Base salary range: $75 - 95K, DOE
- Outstanding benefits package, including: 100% health, dental and vision insurance, flexible vacation policy, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401K Plan with 3% match, Aflac Insurance, STD and LTD insurance, life insurance, Paid Parental Leave, sick time, monthly cell phone stipend
- We are a fast growing, fast paced work environment that honors work-life balance, supports ongoing learning, and professional growth
- We are a hybrid team. We have an office in San Diego’s Little Italy where we meet each Monday. Some staff like to come to the office almost daily. Others prefer their home office. We’re flexible and will work with your needs. Please note: You do not have to live in San Diego to be considered for the job, however this is a California-resident position only
Diversity & Inclusion
62ABOVE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 62ABOVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees.