“When your car doesn’t work, your life doesn’t work!” That’s our motto here at Pull-A-Part, and it’s the challenge that we help our customers and communities overcome every day! We are America’s largest privately owned automotive recycler with 36 locations in 16 states and growing. We are proud of our community partnerships, and those partnerships begin with running clean, healthy operations that support our neighbors. We are currently looking for a new Environmental Manager to oversee the environmental compliance and stewardship for all our store locations.
As an Environmental Manager, you will manage a comprehensive environmental program for Pull-A-Part. You will provide leadership and training to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for our team while ensuring compliance with applicable environmental regulations to minimize all liabilities. You will report to the Director of EHS and close interaction with all levels of the organization is required to promote a consistent and unified EHS message. The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the environmental programs of Pull-A-Part and our 36 locations across the United States.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local and company-specific environmental regulations and policies using auditing practices both in the field and online.
- Train teammates on environmental best management practices, record-keeping, and sample collection techniques.
- Lead all aspects of tier 3 annual reporting, water permits (Industrial and Stormwater), Waste Management Program (Hazardous, Non-Hazardous, Universal) for a large quantity generator.
- Develop and maintain emergency response and contingency plans.
- Maintaining compliance with EPCRA Reporting (SARA 312 and SARA 313) and driving continuous improvement of the environmental management process. Understand and manage all (RCRA, TSCA, CWA) along with the aforementioned regulation.
- Manage the SPCC and spill incident reporting program.
- Develop leading indicators that improve sustainability metrics (energy, water, waste) and spill prevention.
- Promote teamwork, collaborate with EHS leadership.
- 40-60 % domestic travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment or chemical facility.
- A technical background in Environmental, Health, and Safety with knowledge of Environmental Regulations.
- Prior experience motivating change and working in a cross-functional work environment.
- Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Self-starter, exhibiting independent thinking skills with strong initiative.
- Coordination with all levels within the company’s hierarchy.
- Experience in overseeing multiple locations at the same time.
Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
- Medical Insurance - We offer low-cost medical insurance to our team members and low-cost medical insurance to their additional household members.
- Dental Insurance - We offer low-cost dental insurance to our team members and their additional household members.
- Vision Insurance - We offer low-cost vision insurance to our team members and low-cost vision insurance to their additional household members.
- Life Insurance - We offer FREE life insurance to our team members.
- 401(k) - Plan for your retirement by participating in our optional, 401K plan. Receive a 100% company match on the first 3% of your contributions and receive a 50% company match on the next 2% of your contributions.
- Paid Holidays & Vacation - We observe 9 paid holidays, and we provide each full-time team member with paid vacation time which is determined by length of service.
- On-The-Job Training – A successful team member is a confident team member. We are dedicated to educating our team and providing consistent training and development opportunities.
- Employee Referral Program – We offer a bonus of $500 to our team members who have successfully referred another team member. Ask for more information on our Employee Referral Program to confirm all qualifications that must be met.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - We offer free confidential employee assistance counseling by video, telephone & face-to-face sessions, or text with a therapist. This covers mental health, financial wellness, health, and lifestyle assessments and much more.
Pull-A-Part, with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, is an award-winning family business serving the do-it-yourself, used auto parts market. By developing a unique operating system based on customer service and environmental responsibility, Pull-A-Part has transformed what was once thought of as the junkyard into a sustainable recycling business. Founded in 1997, Pull-A-Part operates a network of 36 used auto parts superstores nationwide – 11 of which are recently acquired U-Pull-&-Pay store locations. The company has been acclaimed for outstanding corporate citizenship by federal, state, and local organizations.
The company has made an exceptional commitment to resource conservation, waste reduction and pollution prevention. This orientation allows Pull-A-Part to provide affordable used auto parts to do-it-yourself consumers, while providing high quality scrap metal, fluids, and plastics for recycling. Recycling diverts these materials from the waste stream and helps protect the air, water, and soil from pollution. Learn more at: https://about.pullapart.com
OUR CORE VALUES:
To be a good neighbor and steward to the communities that we serve, we are building a team with a strong foundation based on our four core values. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of (and possess) the following characteristics:
- Respect - Our team has developed a culture where every team member and customer counts! We take time each and every day to show our customers and teammates that we care about their success.
- Help - Our team members enjoy helping customers solve their automotive needs; help their store achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals; and help their teammates accomplish their personal work & growth goals!
- Learn - We continuously train our team members to help them feel more confident in their role--we encourage our team members to ask questions to ensure they have the knowledge and resources available to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Grow - We are an all-inclusive business that supports the growth and development of our team members--we provide opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career.