Medical Social Worker
Tacoma, WA • Medical Department
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time experienced Medical Social Worker.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assesses, coordinates, facilities, and negotiates services and resources to support coordination and continuity of care for PTHA patients, families and caregivers.
- Provide consultation and guidance to patients, families, physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to assess and address patients’ medical disposition, and psychosocial needs.
- Advocate on behalf of patients/families/children and caregivers for community service access and for safety and rights (i.e. stable and/or sober housing, trauma, substance abuse, mental health, and parenting services).
- Create, implement, participate and evaluate the effectiveness of care plans which address patients identified needs.
- Assist patients/caregivers in identifying, navigating and connecting to outside resources including but not limited to: appointment transportation, supplemental nutrition programs, social security and disability applications, outside insurance, assisted living and nursing home placement.
- Assist vulnerable patients and families with children, with scheduling appointments and follow through on outside referrals.
- Assist patients in navigating outside resources for (i.e. COPES program, Care giving, childcare, substance abuse and mental health).
- Assist with CPS and APS referrals as needed.
- Assist families with children facing adversity and unhealthy coping skills connect with mentors and school programs, and connect parents with parenting and advocacy programs.
- Serve as liaison between patient and community agencies.
- Develop and maintain contracts and relationships with community, public and private resources to support and provide for a patients continuity of care.
- Provide welfare checks on elders and assess living environment as requested.
- Provides crisis intervention services as needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Washington State license required, (Advanced Social Worker or Independent Clinical Social Worker)
- Minimum three (3) years social work/case management experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of Community and State resources and how to access them effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Care
- Current Washington State driver’s license and BLS required
- Must have intermediate computer skills and proficient knowledge of MS Office products
$83,200 - $104,000 DOE