The Optical Test Engineer will work on the testing of Si Photonics chips and modules.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
- DC and High Frequency Optical chip testing,
- Optical module tuning and testing
- Test automation development, data analysis, test report
- Test procedure definition
- Test setup development
- Test instrument acquisition
- Training technicians.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated track of record.
- Able to work hard in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Capable of delivering on aggressive goals/timelines.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Effectively multi-tasks
- Detail-oriented, focused, and organized
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manual dexterity
Work is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled, open cubicle setting. Frequent interruptions and conversational noise can be expected.
60% of day is spent on the manufacturing floor, which a temperature-controlled environment that requires the use of ESD wrist straps and heel straps. Frequent interruptions, static noise, and alarms (auditory and flashing lights) can be expected.
- Successful completion of a post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- The job is somewhat sedentary, consisting of sitting, standing, and walking. May at times carry, push, or pull items in excess of 10 pounds.
- Sitting at Inspection Microscope for long periods.
- Daily use of computer and other equipment as required.
Less than 10% anticipated.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Understand fundamentals of electrical engineering and optical communications.
- Understand the basics of active and passive optical devices.
- Familiar with various optical testing instruments and testing methods.
- Experienced in electrical probing, fiber alignment, and test fixture design.
- Able to write test automation and GUI software with C#, Visual Basic or Lab view.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Good industrial experience in optical chip testing is preferred.