Incumbent will be responsible for upgrading and standardizing our maintenance protocols and policies with focus on full implementation and proper use of manufacturing equipment, preventive maintenance software as well as auditing and assuring compliance to maintenance policies, procedures, frequencies, and sharing of parts inventories, parts inventory control, etc. Involved in leveraging and standardizing selection of maintenance providers. Is accountable for directing engineering efforts across functional area of production plant to meet short- and long-range Supply Chain objectives with optimum efficiency. Partners with operations, finance, quality control, purchasing, safety, environmental, and other departments in order to coordinate all phases of engineering and provide optimum services.
· Drives business performance by utilizing knowledge of CSC business and the Supply Chain department to influence strategy and decision making.
· Drives decisions about how information regarding department decisions, policies, or issues is disseminated and/or shared.
· Designs, implements and shares best practices throughout CSC.
· Drives business performance by utilizing knowledge of financial concepts and financial performance information to influence strategy and decision making.
· Conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; anticipates and removes barriers for others to drive issues to closure.
· Facilitates the design of functional structure to drive improved business performance.
· Creates and drives strategies that are aligned with the Supply Chain's goals and objectives.
· Work cross-functionally with plant management team to develop priorities to ensure direct alignment with objectives.
· Be a positive leader that encourages cross-functional communication between production and engineering team.
· Align with and support other corporate staff functions in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term plans to meet business objectives.
· Drive consistency and standardization through out Supply Chain.
· Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Engineering function and participate in the target setting process for Supply Chain that generates substantial improvements, with a goal to exceed KPI targets.
· Manage multiple projects using project management processes.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree Preferred but not necessary; MS degree a plus
· Formal education in: Electrical, pneumatics, robotics, hydraulic, mechanical is preferred
· 7-10 years experience in Engineering in Food & Beverage manufacturing environment preferred (edible oil industry desired)
· 5-7 years functional leadership experience required; incumbent will have capacity to function at the program architecture and design level.
· 5-7 years preventative maintenance experience required; proven track record developing programs, policies and procedures utilizing project management practices and guidelines
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to handle multiple projects
· Possess excellent analytical problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
· Preferred skills include leadership background to include Six Sigma, TPS, ISO, TPM, and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
· Preferred skills include demonstrated accomplishments in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
We are a fourth generation, family-owned organization poised for incredible growth. The diversity of our workforce is celebrated. Everyone is valued, treated equally and with respect in a safe and innovative work environment. Our employees continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration and teamwork. To be successful here, you must demand excellence from yourself, be coachable, and commit fully to your goals of your team and the company.
Employee are responsible for recognizing and accomplishing the Catania Core Values of:
-Job Well Done
-Authenticity at Our Core
-We are Family